Sandhurst Military Auctioneers,
referred to herein as “SMA”
Auction Terms & Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: All bidders at Sandhurst Military Auctioneers’ acknowledge that they have read these terms and conditions of sale and agree to be bound thereby. If you do not understand any of these terms or conditions, please ask a staff member for clarification before registering.
15% BUYERS PREMIUM ADDED ON ALL LOTS PURCHASED
- Identification – All purchasers are required to have a Bidder’s Number to bid and shall supply SMA with their full name, address and telephone number. An identification document/book/card is required to verify information. FICA documentation is required by law.
- Addition to or withdrawal from sale – The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw from sale any of the items listed or to sell at this auction items not listed, and also reserves the right to group one or more lots into one or more selling lots or to subdivide into two or more selling lots. Whenever the best interest of the seller will be served, the auctioneer reserves the right to sell all of the items listed in bulk.
- Bid Refusal – The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid. The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price.
- Dispute between bidders – If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer may decide the same or may immediately put the lot up for sale again and resell to the highest bidder. The decision of the Auctioneer shall be final and absolute.
- Condition of items sold – The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness of, estimated selling price of, or defect in any lot, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance will be made or sale set aside on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloguing, or any imperfection not noted. No deduction will be allowed on damaged articles as all goods being exposed for public exhibition are sold “as is” (voetstoots), without recourse or any duty to repair.
- Manner of payment – All lots are to be paid in full by Cash, approved Cheque, Mastercard, Visa, Debit Card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) before the close of the auction. SMA reserves the right to hold merchandise until a buyer’s cheque clears and reserves the right to not accept a cheque. There will be a R200.00 service charge for any check returned from the bank for any reason.
- VAT – There will be no VAT charged on the hammer price. All purchases will be subject to a 15% buyer’s premium charge only.
- All measurements and sizes – Are approximate.
- Minimum bids – May be placed on some items.
- Removal – Shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser. SMA shall not be held responsible for goods not removed within the time specified and shall have the option of removing and storing or reselling at the expense and risk of the purchaser any article purchased. NO LOT MAY BE TAKEN or REMOVED FROM SMA’s PREMISES UNTIL CHECKED OUT BY AUCTION STAFF.
- Claims – No claims will be allowed after goods are removed from premises.
- Personal and property risk – Persons attending during exhibition, sale or removal of goods assume all risks of damage of or loss to person and property and specifically release SMA from liability therefore. Neither the Auctioneer nor his principal/staff shall be liable by reason of any defect in or condition of the premises on which the sale is held.
- Records – The record of sale kept by SMA, the auctioneer and staff will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
- All lots – to be sold AS IS (VOETSTOOTS) WHERE IS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- Consumer Act (CPA) – This sale is being conducted pursuant to GOVERNMENT GAZETTE, 1 APRIL 2011 No. 34180 3, GOVERNMENT NOTICE, DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY No. R. 293 1 April 2011, THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 2008 (ACT NO. 68 OF 2008) REGULATIONS
- Additional terms and conditions – Any additional terms or conditions of sale, added by the Auctioneer, shall be announced prior to auction.