We allow absentee bidding/proxy bidding at our auctions in one form or another.
If absentee bidding is allowed online for any particular auction it will be clearly identified per auction on our auction calendar. If online bids are not permitted for a particular auction, you may place an absentee bid up until 24 hours of the auction start time by contacting us. We will also accept absentee bidding in person at the auction site during posted inspection hours and any time up until the items goes for auction. These absentee bids will be undisclosed until the time of auction of the particular item, at which time the Auctioneer or a member of our staff will bid on behalf of the absentee bidder. Our policy is as follows on any absentee bid:
- The absentee bidder will have the option to place bids. The starting bid will be administered by a member of our auction staff which may include the auctioneer.
- A member of staff, or the Auctioneer will decide on the opening bid for the absentee bidder. After an absentee bid is administered as the opening bid, the item will be offered for additional bids from the live audience or other absentee bidders. If no additional bids are registered, the opening bid will be the closing bid in a non-reserve auction.
- If more than 1 absentee bid is received by Sandhurst Military Auctioneers for any item, the lower of the two will be implemented as the starting bid and a designated member of our staff will bid competitively on behalf of other absentee bidders.
- In cases of items with reserves or items selling subject to owner confirmation, the closing bid will be offered to the seller for approval.
- If you are a winning absentee bidder, we will attempt to contact you as soon as time allows, we require payment within 1 business day of purchase.
- If an absentee bidder is in attendance on auction day, their absentee bid will still be administered unless formally retracted with our auction staff and made clear to the auction team. A written retraction may be required.
- By placing an absentee bid, online, by phone, email or any other means, as the bidder you accept responsibility for inspection of the item. Sandhurst Military Auctioneers will do everything in our power to aid in the evaluation process, but in the end all items are sold ‘as is’ ‘where is’ (Voetstoots) without any warranties expressed or implied.
…for questions on absentee bidding, contact us today.